27 February 2021

2021 Aon Junior Regatta Abandoned
On 27 February 2021, the New Zealand Government advised as of 6:00am on Sunday 28 February, Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 for a period of 7 days. The rest of New Zealand moved to Alert Level 2 for the same period, in place until 6:00am on Sunday 7 March.
The New Zealand Government also advised that throughout this period, public events or mass gatherings to be held where 100 or more people are together in one place at one time, should not proceed. After the above government announcement was made, the Aon Junior Regatta, now underway at Lake Karapiro, will be cancelled.
Rowing NZ and Karapiro Rowing have regrettably made the difficult decision that in accordance with Government advice and guidelines, and in the interest of the welfare, health and safety of the domestic rowing community, that the 2021 Aon Junior Regatta is now cancelled. Rowing NZ and Karapiro Rowing are confident in their decision to prioritise the continued health and safety of all New Zealanders throughout a period of time where community transmission of COVID-19 remains a risk to all major event hosts.
Rowing NZ understands the above announcement will have a significant impact on athletes, coaches and supporters, but remain supportive of the Government’s COVID-19 containment initiatives. Rowing is a partner in the wider New Zealand community response, and we must do the right thing by all New Zealanders.
IMMEDIATE ACTION: If any of your athletes / coaches / spectators have been identified as a close or casual contact, or has visited any of the newly announced places of interest, you must advise Victoria Jantke at immediately and stay away from the site.
Auckland Schools
You must pack down between 6am and 10am tomorrow.
Auckland competitors must comply with Level 3 conditions when accessing the site to pack down (you must be in groups of 10, no one sick or showing symptoms, all wearing masks, cannot be a close or casual contact of any case confirmed, or have visited any of the locations of interest).
All boat park traffic to enter through Gate 1.
All spectator tent traffic to enter through Gate 3.
All traffic then exits through Gate 2.
All other schools
You will be sent a time to pack down after 10am.
Regatta Control will notify you by 8.30am tomorrow by email your exit time.
Ensure you follow all alert level conditions.
We would be appreciative if you can work with us in a safe and efficient manner to exit Lake Karapiro.

Regatta Information

Date : 27 - 28 February 2021

Distance : 2000m

No. of Lanes : 8

Held Start : Yes

Lake circulation pattern when a regatta is in progress