FACT: It takes 64 volunteers to get a single boat down the course, irrespective of the regatta size
Volunteers are the backbone and heroes of Karapiro Rowing Inc. (KRI). Our family of volunteers donate their time in many different areas at our regattas. They have huge satisfaction working in a sport that they love in the positive and healthy environment that KRI offers.
You can learn new skills and gain valuable experience in a wide range of areas. It's also a great way to meet new people who share your interests.
Whether you want to give something back to rowing, learn a new skill, or do something valuable with your time whilst waiting for a race – there is always a place for you in the KRI volunteer family.
There are many volunteer areas to suit individual needs and skills. All you need to do is let us know a little bit about you and we will match you up with a suitable task.
Some options include:
- Boat driving: If you have your Day Skipper or Boat Master qualification then let us know!
- Coxswain weigh in
- Marshal Hut
- Office based duties (e.g. selling of day sheets or programmes, taking scratchings etc.)
- Are you a numbers and details person? Then there are roles in the tower on the judges floor that would be perfect for you!
- Lunch distribution for volunteers
- Or, fancy becoming a Rowing New Zealand Race Official? Click here
Volunteers must be 16 years or older. If you are accepted, you will be notified and placed on our volunteers’ list. Nearer the regattas (usually 4 weeks out), we will contact you to ask for your availability.
To apply, complete the electronic form below and we will be in contact soon.
Thank you to Barfoot & Thompson for providing our volunteers this season with reusable water bottles.